The breeding stock should be chosen when they reach 4 to 5 weeks old. The breeder should be chosen from the biggest litter. In males, it’s extremely critical to find the existence of two testicles in the scrotum as testicles descend down in the body cavity at 12 months old. Extensive Sort of reproduction:-
Weaning here practiced is 5 to 6 months and re-breeding shortly after weaning. Does are so mated once every 2.5 months. This is the best suited to tropical countries like India. Semi intensive reproduction
Weaning is practised at 4-5 months old. Intensive reproduction
Weaning is at 4 months old. Mating is performed immediately after kindling. Usually this practice is followed in western nations.
Always females should be placed to the pencil of male to prevent fighting. Mating should be performed during coolest portion of the day like early morning or late night. After successful breeding the male usually generates a normal cry noise and falls down on one side of the female. Soon after the breeding the male one needs to be removed from the cage. The male shouldn’t be greater than 3 to 4 times in a week and not more than 2 to 3 times a day. The proportion of male to female is 1:10. Both genders should reach 70 percent of the adult body weight.
The breeding season is all but throughout year. But in India, fall stress is encountered during hot weather.
Signals of heat in females They are spontaneous ovulators. Ovulation starts 10 hours after mating.
4. In warmth, the female bunny accepts man, otherwise it rejects.
5. In warmth, the female assumes a typical pose known as”lordosis” in which the spine is arched downward and hind quarter is increased.
6. The female one in di-estrous phage crouch in the corner of the cage.
7. After kindling (parturition), the re breeding occurs after a week in intensive direction. But normally re-mating is revealed just one week before weaning.
8. When temperature rises above 36 degree centigrade, temporary sterility occurs.
For more information you can navigate to these guys.